GDT: Blues v Preds FSMW (no dish)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: Blues v Preds FSMW (no dish)

Post by thedoc »

In Dave's defense if he is up in Portland he had to watch the game on tv We have the fortune of being local and attending a lot of the games since we are ticket holders. On television it might look like Walt was playing well because tv follows the puck (as they should because that's where most of the action is). I was not at the game last night but I do not doubt Ditka because I have seen exactly what he is talking about several times. When you are at the game you can obviously see more and notice the little things a lot easier than on tv.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star

Post by BoxCar »

I honestly haven't seen a problem with Perron. He is consistently one of our two best threats to make offensive plays (the other being McDonald). Walt, on the other hand, has been destroying this team's offensive pressure. Lost battles on the boards and failing to be the guy in front of the net (though he made some decent screens last night). Also, my biggest concern is his incredibly long shot. I've seen him in prime scoring positions only to waste a shot that takes a full 2 seconds winding up.

Playing amazingly:
Amac
Steen

well:
berglund
oshie (trying too hard to do things on his own)
weaver
perron

need more:
backes
boyes (still owes us a hatty from his missed shots in the buffalo game)
kariya (hurt)

the rest are either playing as expected or are Eric Brewer (who I feel has been at least bringing effort).

Nobody is immune to the criticism though. This team should be above .500 fighing for a playoff spot. Not necessarily as good as last years second half, but certainly better than this at home. Play the young guys, punish the effortless and hold coaching accountable.
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

My only fear with all of this is that it is pushing the young players away and making them not want to play here, that would ultimately be the worst possible scenario.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

section319 wrote:My only fear with all of this is that it is pushing the young players away and making them not want to play here, that would ultimately be the worst possible scenario.
:plusplus: Yup when people like DP and Bergs are constantly in AM "doghouse" I wouldn't think twice about signing some where else.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

BoxCar wrote: well:
berglund
weaver
perron

:plusplus:

I’ve been arguing that point with people and most have disagreed. I don’t know what game they are watching, he’s been one of our most consistent defenseman and has had surprising success getting the puck on net from time to time.

As for Brewer, you are tight, I don’t question the effort, only the worthiness of a roster spot let alone his inflated contract or the ‘C’.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

DaDitka wrote:
BoxCar wrote: well:
berglund
weaver
perron

:plusplus:

I’ve been arguing that point with people and most have disagreed. I don’t know what game they are watching, he’s been one of our most consistent defenseman and has had surprising success getting the puck on net from time to time.

As for Brewer, you are tight, I don’t question the effort, only the worthiness of a roster spot let alone his inflated contract or the ‘C’.
I'm in complete agreement. Weaver hasn't done anything spectacular, but he's not supposed to. He makes good plays, has a lot of patience with the puck, and doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes. I'd take that from a #5-#6 Dman every day of the week and twice on Sunday....

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

duh. Weaver > Brewer
what are their contracts like? :lol:

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:duh. Weaver > Brewer
Not reflective of true value to his team and too much, respectively.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

thedoc wrote:In Dave's defense if he is up in Portland he had to watch the game on tv We have the fortune of being local and attending a lot of the games since we are ticket holders. On television it might look like Walt was playing well because tv follows the puck (as they should because that's where most of the action is). I was not at the game last night but I do not doubt Ditka because I have seen exactly what he is talking about several times. When you are at the game you can obviously see more and notice the little things a lot easier than on tv.
Nope. I was at both games (buff and nash). Walt was ok to me...but I'm not expecting that much from him as everyone else. He was one of the few that started to bang, even though he can't skate very well anymore.

The rest of the team was terrible...worse than tkachuk. Just horrible. Especially the forwards. No skating, no hitting, no urgency. Save for Steen, this team sucks right now.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:duh. Weaver > Brewer
Weaver is good at throwing the puck over the glass.....doh!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.