Road Trip to St. Louis - A few questions about the city :)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Road Trip to St. Louis - A few questions about the city :)

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Hey goon, when I went over to Greece in July, I saw a guy sporting a Blues tattoo while at the Acropolis. You were the first one that came to mind. Wasn't you, was it?
Wasn't me.

Don't you have a Blues tattoo on one ass cheek, a tattoo of Mighty Mouse on the other?
Minnie Mouse, Goon. Not Mighty Mouse.

Shit, get it right.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

goon attack wrote: You can shove your NYC elitism right up your ass, malaka!!!!!!! :wink:
:plusplus:
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:1) The Old Spaghetti Factory -- It's nicely priced, it's really good, and the atmosphere is pretty cool...and it's not that far from Scottrade Center.
:lol: The Old Spaghetti Factory???? Did this guy say that he was 12 years old or something?

If you drive 29 hours to St. Louis and eat Italian food anywhere but The Hill, you might as well hit up a Fazolis on the way.
There's nothing wrong with the Spaghetti Factory...especially if he wants to stay downtown. It's good and it's cheap and the atmosphere is cool.
That spaghetti with Mizithra cheese and browned butter is killer.

Would I go there for my only meal in St. Louis? No. But if I'm going to be in town for three or four days, I'd definitely go there once to eat.

Spaghetti Factory... > x infinity...Fazoli's... not that there's anything wrong with Fazoli's. :wink:
Sorry Curt, Spaghetti Factory is $hit, has always been $hit, will always be $hit.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Better get your bomb shelters ready. The apocalypse is upon us- Eric Brewer scored a goal.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

Some teams stay at the westin hotel across from Busch.

The players enter the arena from the long ramp on 16th street. It is right after parking garage.

I will be at the Leafs Friday night game too.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

The players typically stay in a town called Chesterfield about 30 min. from downtown. Many stay at the Double Tree. If price is not a concern you can stay at the Hilton at Union Station. It is right by the rink. The nice thing about St. Louis is that it's like a 20-30 min. drive anywhere you want to go. As far as titty bar's are concerned...well when you see the billboard for the Hustler Club on I-70 you will know why we aren't encouraging that. When you get to the game you can look up the two assholes that sit at the top of sec. 324. They will be the two drunks yelling Canadian Beer sucks.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:1) The Old Spaghetti Factory -- It's nicely priced, it's really good, and the atmosphere is pretty cool...and it's not that far from Scottrade Center.
:lol: The Old Spaghetti Factory???? Did this guy say that he was 12 years old or something?

If you drive 29 hours to St. Louis and eat Italian food anywhere but The Hill, you might as well hit up a Fazolis on the way.
There's nothing wrong with the Spaghetti Factory...especially if he wants to stay downtown. It's good and it's cheap and the atmosphere is cool.

Would I go there for my only meal in St. Louis? No. But if I'm going to be in town for three or four days, I'd definitely go there once to eat.

Spaghetti Factory... > x infinity...Fazoli's... not that there's anything wrong with Fazoli's. :wink:
Sorry Curt, Spaghetti Factory is $hit, has always been $hit, will always be $hit.
To each his own. But if it were "$hit", it would have closed down years ago. It's been there for a long time and it's packed on most nights.
Sorry sir, but I do believe you are in the minority...not that there is anything wrong with that.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

the spaghetti factory is okay. is it scalini fedeli, il mulino, or babbo? No. Is it even zia's or even favazza's? no. but it's quite edible if you ask me.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:

To each his own. But if it were "$hit", it would have closed down years ago. It's been there for a long time and it's packed on most nights.
Sorry sir, but I do believe you are in the minority...not that there is anything wrong with that.

Agree to disagree. I just wouldn't consider it a highlight of a visit to St. Louis for someone from Manitoba, seeing that he could just hit up the Spaghetti Factory in Winnipeg. Hell, while you’re at it try one of our St. Louis area McDonald's.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

F Keenan wrote: Hell, while you’re at it try one of our St. Louis area McDonald's.
:lol:
:facepalm:

I hear there's a KICK ASS taco bell right downtown.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

If you want good St. Louis Italian food........

Try dipping you White Castles’ in some marinara.

Oh, and wash it down with a fine red…

Budweiser.....aged……no more than three or four weeks (day fresh is the best, but good luck finding that)

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Leafaholic99
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Leafaholic99 »

So my friend that was supposed to come with me, can't anymore, she can't afford the trip or to miss school now. So looks like the tickets I have are for sale, its kind of a long road trip to do alone. I don't have them on me, they are at my parents in a fire proof box, so I am not exactly sure of the face value, I think its roughly $180 USD per ticket

Club Center - 104 - DD Can't remember the seats.

If you are interested PM me, I'd prefer to have them sold before the end of January, so that I can ship them out and have them to you before the game.

Asking $150 per ticket o.b.o.

The seats include free food and drinks, served to you in your seats.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

So, the stalkinerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr visit is not happening now? :lol: :wink:

Leafaholic99
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Leafaholic99 »

haha not this year.

Im going to goto Toronto now instead, I have some friends there, catch a few Leafs games there with them as well as some Marlies games.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

glen a richter wrote:
goon attack wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Since you're from Toronto, I assume you wouldn't know good Italian food if it hit you in the head, so you'd probably find it quite tasty.
Do you just make this crap up? There's a substantial Italian community/population in Toronto. Jesus, glen, Italian-Canadians make up like 10 percent of the population in the Toronto area. That's a huge amount.
Sorry to have offended you, Goon. We take pride in our Italian food here. Anywhere else seems dramatically inferior. But if Italian food made by 7th generation Italians is your thing, then by all means knock yourself out. I prefer to go to a meat store where the owner sounds like he just finished up at Ellis Island.
Ever heard of Giontoni's (sp?) on the hill? He was the best man and my grandpa's wedding.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

Leafaholic99
Prospect
Prospect

Road Trip to St. Louis - A few questions about the city :)

Post by Leafaholic99 »

SOLD