PIM totals of Oshie, Backes, Jackman

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: PIM totals of Oshie, Backes, Jackman

Post by goon attack »

xbleed83bluex wrote:can cause serious injury.
exactly. that's why WE need to do more of it, especially against the star players on other teams. Too bad most of them are now pussing out and wearing shields.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

I definitely agree with goon. I mean, its obvious that this team is not engaged in the game- lets see a little spark!

Jackman has lost all credibility with me. We signed him to that ridiculous contract for one reason; be tough as nails in front of the net and have a pair. The guy looks like as part of the deal, Davidson chopped off his ball sack. The guy is useless.

And Oshie has 0 chippiness to his game. He dances around like a figure skater and doesn't hit anymore.

And to anyone saying that the game has changed and PIMs as a solid stat for players are a thing of the past- you obviously aren't watching the NHL anymore. Anything you do is a penalty nowadays. When there are 7 PPs to each team for the game, obviously the tougher players should be getting plenty of penalties. If that's not happening I seriously feel they aren't doing their job.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

ohio BLUES wrote:The closest this NHL gets to what goon wants is Jarome Iginla, I think, and there's only one of him to go around.

But he does wear a shield, so I'm stumped.
Pronger
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Backes could easily be the power forward for a new, manly NHL.... the poster boy to usher the NHL into a new era of respectability. He's got the size, the looks, and the marketability to be the new Shanahan. But he's being a pussy. It pains me to say that because I like the guy. I guess my hopes were unrealistic.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Repeal-56a
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Repeal-56a »

I used to think repealing the instigator rule would be enough to get the league back on the right track, but it's gone way past that.

I agree with everyone's take on jax and bax...guys should have butterflies every night they have to play against these guys....right now every team in the league is getting a paid 82 game scrimmage where this practice squad plays at half speed and "no contact".

But, while we are passing out blame...WHAT THE (Frank) is the deal with Roman Polak? This guy is supposed to have retarded chimp strength, but nobody on earth is afraid to play against him. he has the look, size and strength to be a HUGE force to play against. Instead you have an "ok" defensive d-man.

TJ, Bax and Jax are catching flak for getting away from the gritty game. Polak is escaping the conversation because he's never exhibited it. If anyone on this team needs to put the hurt on someone it's RP.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Repeal-56a wrote:I used to think repealing the instigator rule would be enough to get the league back on the right track, but it's gone way past that.

I agree with everyone's take on jax and bax...guys should have butterflies every night they have to play against these guys....right now every team in the league is getting a paid 82 game scrimmage where this practice squad plays at half speed and "no contact".

But, while we are passing out blame...WHAT THE (Frank) is the deal with Roman Polak? This guy is supposed to have retarded chimp strength, but nobody on earth is afraid to play against him. he has the look, size and strength to be a HUGE force to play against. Instead you have an "ok" defensive d-man.

TJ, Bax and Jax are catching flak for getting away from the gritty game. Polak is escaping the conversation because he's never exhibited it. If anyone on this team needs to put the hurt on someone it's RP.
I know it's one incident, but ask Marian Hossa about Roman Polak putting the hurt on someone.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Repeal-56a wrote:I used to think repealing the instigator rule would be enough to get the league back on the right track, but it's gone way past that.

Wow. ++
Jax always gets the blame (and should), no one ever mentions Polak. Good call.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Jackman brings that presuure upon himself he does a lot of talking with a lack of backing it up. Well, until he just jacks Burrows bare handed, which was pretty cool..
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.