No TV coverage for Hull Hall of Fame Night

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

bluesnut
Prospect
Prospect

No TV coverage for Hull Hall of Fame Night

Post by bluesnut »

What mastermind decided to have all these classic Blues players in attendance, and not allow anyone to watch it on TV????

I realize there are certain games in the season that FSMW doesn't plan on televising, but if you're going to do something special like this, you either change the plan, or have Brett pick a different game to come to town for!

Typical bone head decision by this team's upper management.

Thankfully, I have Center Ice, but the prospect of watching this game on the Flames feed in low definition is not very enticing.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: No TV coverage for Hull Hall of Fame Night

Post by Nyghtewynd »

The St. Louis Blues: The Missing Piece Is Darn Near Everything!
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

I agree, questionable call. But isn't FSMW going to pick-up the Hall of Fame celebrations beforehand? I'd rather watch that and NOT the epic third period meltdown at home.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Wasn't it the Brett Hull game that got Kitchen fired? Maybe history will repeat itself.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

richtedm wrote:I agree, questionable call. But isn't FSMW going to pick-up the Hall of Fame celebrations beforehand? I'd rather watch that and NOT the epic third period meltdown at home.
They said the other night that FSMW was going to pick up the Brett Hull HOF stuff, but the game wont be televised.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Gotta be a first. Televising a pre game show but not the game.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Why have this night anyway? Didn't we already celebrate Brett and his cup rings from Dallas and Detroit?

Do another Brian Sutter night...a real Blue...and I might reconsider.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

northwest dave wrote:Why have this night anyway? Didn't we already celebrate Brett and his cup rings from Dallas and Detroit?

Do another Brian Sutter night...a real Blue...and I might reconsider.
Fact.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Yeah, kind of a shitty deal for Blues fans who can't get tickets to the game. The only people who can watch the game are those who have Charter, or DishNetwork's best channel package. Most of DishNetwork's customers and all of the DirecTV customers are SOL. And all of the bars that would have had it on, won't, because 95% of bars have DirecTV.

They should have picked a different game. I understand it being against Calgary, the team who brought Hull into the NHL, but still...take care of your own fans first.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Yeah, I think it is a case of ready, fire, aim.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Can't televise locally due to the National exclusive broadcast rights for Versus.

It's not really a Blues/FSMW thing anyhow. It's because the game's during Versus' "window" for broadcasts.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Prngr44 wrote:Can't televise locally due to the National exclusive broadcast rights for Versus.

It's not really a Blues/FSMW thing anyhow. It's because the game's during Versus' "window" for broadcasts.
The Blues scheduled this night well after the Versus - DirecTV thing was going on. The Blues knew this game was on VS and that a sizable chunk of their fan base wouldn't be able to watch it because of that.

Poor decision.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

The game isn't on versus either is it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not finding anywhere that it says the game is on versus.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Their website only says KMOX.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

section319 wrote:The game isn't on versus either is it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not finding anywhere that it says the game is on versus.
No, it isn't. Kevin Wheeler said this during Friday's Post-Mortem, but (surprise, surprise) Wheeler was incorrect.

Here's hoping the Blues lift the Center Ice blackout as per usual...

Then again...... the way we play at home...... do we *really* wanna watch?

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

BF44 wrote: but (surprise, surprise) Wheeler was incorrect.

Is there any good reason for listening to that show?

One thing I will admit, sometimes it almost seems Wheeler wants to be honest...but then Kerbs reminds them that if they say anything negative they won't be able to go over to Murray's hot coco and Christmas carols so he quickly toe the company line.

The only thing shinier then Christmas bells right now is Murray’s sack with the way those two have been polishing it lately.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that’s what you should expect from post game guys, for a bit I thought Kerbs was going to be different. Nothing against a man getting a check….I just don’t have to listen.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

DaDitka wrote:

One thing I will admit, sometimes it almost seems Wheeler wants to be honest...but then Kerbs reminds them that if they say anything negative they won't be able to go over to Murray's hot coco and Christmas carols so he quickly toe the company line.

The only thing shinier then Christmas bells right now is Murray’s sack with the way those two have been polishing it lately.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that’s what you should expect from post game guys, for a bit I thought Kerbs was going to be different. Nothing against a man getting a check….I just don’t have to listen.
The thing about Kerbs, for me, is that I love everything he does on the air, except when he starts giving out his opinion. I consider him to be "The Voice of the Blues" as his calls tend to be more interesting and have more emotion to them that Teh Robot Kelly's do. But on post game shows, anytime fans clammer on about Murray or Brewer or whatever, he immediately disagrees with them. Maybe it's because he's more "in the know" and is privy to information we are not. Regardless, he constantly backs them up, which wouldn't be a problem is this wasn't a theme that's been running for 2-3 years now.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

The thing about Kerbs, for me, is that I love everything he does on the air, except when he starts giving out his opinion. I consider him to be "The Voice of the Blues" as his calls tend to be more interesting and have more emotion to them that Teh Robot Kelly's do. But on post game shows, anytime fans clammer on about Murray or Brewer or whatever, he immediately disagrees with them. Maybe it's because he's more "in the know" and is privy to information we are not. Regardless, he constantly backs them up, which wouldn't be a problem is this wasn't a theme that's been running for 2-3 years now.
I agree, his game coverage is great, and yes sometimes he knows better than callers. But anyone who listens regularly knows what I'm talking about when he blindly defends the organization.

Listen to a Cardinals post game or a Rams post game and you’ll get the same. So it’s not that he’s doing something wrong, I just thought he was going to be ‘different’. Eventually, everyone succumbs to feeling part of the organization and the fat paychecks.

That’s what sucks about small media markets like St. Louis. There are those that the teams tell what to say, and the others who are shunned and silenced.

I’m a Chicago Bears fan and it’s amassing how much better the media coverage is up there because there are so many outlets and so many different ‘good’ writers and journalists that the team cannot control them all.

Again, let me reiterate that I begrudge no one and think Kerbs does a great job calling the games. He’s simply NOT the same guy that he used to be when discussing the organization.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

So is this game on TV at all? Versus isn't showing it. FSMW isn't showing it. And the Flames' site lists it as a PPV game. DirecTV's Center Ice schedule shows that it will be on channel 770 though. Hopefully they're right.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

dmiles2186 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

And then there's crap like this from his Twitter:

Code: Select all

What in the world do Power Rankings mean? TSN says the higher ranked tm is more likely to win a neutral site 7 gm series. I say bunk.
Well, Chris, Power Rankings are generally BS for BSers to BS about. But just because the Blues are in the bottom half/third of them - and justifiably so - doesn't mean we have to get our panties in a bunch about the premise of Power Rankings.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock