Dry Spell

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Dry Spell

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Sadly, I won't be getting any for a while.

Dish blacks out the next three games!!

:bert:

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Dry Spell

Post by Nyghtewynd »

If the St. Louis Blues think that they can simultaneously claim no responsibility for the current TV situation and continue to pimp Dish at games AND AT THE SAME TIME expect more people to follow their product, they are deluded. I can easily say that I care a lot less about game results this season in part because I can't rely on them being on TV. Instead of upping my season tickets, I'm actually thinking about cutting my package down for next year. Congrats, Blues.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

The Chicago Blackhawks' resurgence in popularity (albeit bandwagon in the extreme) should put to rest any moronic notion that putting games on TV actually takes away from game attendance/ interest in the team for all time.

Not that that hasn't been proven before.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

It's simple business and totally separate from anything else.

This has NOTHING to do with the Blues organization. They already sold the rights to FSM, FSM simply wants Dish to pay the same extra money that Direct and the cable companies already paid.

That’s like blaming the Blues because I can’t see their games on Verse.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Nope. They can believe that it doesn't have anything to do with them. But every time I go to a game and see Dish Network advertising everywhere, I wonder why I'm paying for an organization that's willing to advertise a network that refuses to air their games. Then again, I'm not missing said games as much as I used to miss them, so I guess they'll see how that goes.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Storm13
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Storm13 »

DaDitka wrote:It's simple business and totally separate from anything else.

This has NOTHING to do with the Blues organization. They already sold the rights to FSM, FSM simply wants Dish to pay the same extra money that Direct and the cable companies already paid.

Wrong.

The Blues contracted with FSM to broadcast 70whatever games this season. Not 70whatever games if you can restructure your own contract and 40something if you don't. The Blues sold their games with either the implied or explicit agreement that FSM would broadcast them over ALL of their current contracted providers. By not forcing FSM to stand up to the original intention of the contract, they are directly involved in not getting their own games out to their fans.
Spent my money, teasing me honey, what should I do?
When you gonna show me, I think you owe me, come on baby, see it through.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Dish network is just being merciful.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

kodos wrote:Dish network is just being merciful.
This.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Storm13 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:It's simple business and totally separate from anything else.

Wrong.

The Blues contracted with FSM to broadcast 70whatever games this season. Not 70whatever games if you can restructure your own contract and 40something if you don't. The Blues sold their games with either the implied or explicit agreement that FSM would broadcast them over ALL of their current contracted providers. By not forcing FSM to stand up to the original intention of the contract, they are directly involved in not getting their own games out to their fans.
They already struck their deal with Dish. The only repercussions they have is to change the terms on next year’s deal.

These terms and this situation were posted in the paper and on STL.com already this year.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund