Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

The Bob Essensa Xperience
All-Star
All-Star

Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Post by The Bob Essensa Xperience »

Good God.

I know we went through a prolonged period of suckiness after many years of advanced mediocrity - but god, you guys kind of suck.

Like...coming to the various forums makes me less want to follow the Blues.

Maybe I maintain my naive optimism just because I was out of country the past 3 years, so I missed the worst of it (though I also missed the resurgence last year) - but good God guys. F'in cheer up a bit, eh? Maybe have an ounce of faith in the team?

I'm not saying to drink the kool-aid, or anything like that, just maybe to stop being such sorry assed mopey-eyed lards, you know?

I'm just saying - this is getting almost as bad as trying to follow the Oakland Raiders. They're a totally different kind of shithead, but, hopefully you get my drift.

This is sports, it's, like, supposed to be fun...you know?

-Robb
Last edited by The Bob Essensa Xperience on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jchndler
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Post by jchndler »

The Bob Essensa Xperience wrote:Good God.

I know we went through a prolonged period of suckiness after many years of advanced mediocrity - but god, you guys kind of suck.

Like...coming to the various forums makes me less want to follow the Blues.

Maybe I maintain my naive optimism just because I was out of country the past 3 years, so I missed the worst of it (though I also missed the resurgence last year) - but good God guys. F'in cheer up a bit, eh? Maybe have an ounce of faith in the team?

I'm not saying to drink the kool-aid, or anything like that, just maybe to stop being such sorry assed moped-eyed lards, you know?

I'm just saying - this is getting almost as bad as trying to follow the Oakland Raiders. They're a totally different kind of shithead, but, hopefully you get my drift.

This is sports, it's, like, supposed to be fun...you know?

-Robb
:plusplus: :letsgoblues:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I think we'd have more fun if Murray and Brewer were gone.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

cprice12 wrote:I think we'd have more fun if Murray and Brewer were gone.
Best christmas present ever

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I'll Bleed Blue until the day I die and it's frustrating to watch this team struggle, specifically this year when expectations were so high. For you to say "we suck" because we're here and care enough about this team to be pissed off at the product we've seen on the ice so far seems a bit pretentious. What are we supposed to do exactly?

23rd place overall
12th in the Western Conference
Last place in the Central

That is pretty lousy. Yes, we have some bright spots; Perron, EJ, nobody on the team has gotten Ebola yet, but you can only talk about that for so long when the standings - kind of the most important thing IMO - look like that.

The story of this season is this: Underachievers. Yet game after game there's a crew of people here in FlashChat who I know are rooting like hell for these guys to turn it around and win games. They may not always come out and say it - and they're probably far quicker to lash out at the team for their mistakes than applaud triumphs (I'm sure I'm one of them) - but you can't tell me we "suck" because of that. There's no way any of us would even be here in the first place if we didn't have a flicker of optimism, or a bit of blue kool-aid inside of us. We want this team to succeed, we hope this team will succeed, but as of right now they just aren't getting it done so you're going to have some unhappy fans. If you can't deal with it then that's your own problem I guess.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

All-Star
All-Star

I completely understand unhappy fans, or fans disappointed with the on-ice product.

But here and elsewhere, it often goes beyond that to nearly enjoying the fact that we suck. The fans seemingly want the Blues, or at least certain Blues, to suck.

It's the weirdest thing. It's straight up schadenfreude toward one's own side. It's like the beast in the machine here feeds off of every less than stellar play, and easily casts aside whatever good may come.

My two great sports passions are the Blues and the Michigan Wolverines. You cannot tell me the Blues have more reason to be disappointed than U of M football (or basketball) fans. The level of let down is not even close. And believe me, blues fans vitriol cannot compare in acidic level to that spread on Michigan boards on a losing saturday, sunday, and occasionally monday. But then we bounce back, start looking for the pieces, and hoping like God for a miracle.

The prevailing attitude of this board quite often seems as if they'd be disappointed if the Blues went on a run. Because that might mean Murray didn't get fired and all the guys we know suck balls would probably not get dumped.

WTF? We might as well go back to the days where every f'ing thread devolved into "LEEEEEEEEEEEERY YOU BASTARD".

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

If we were really bad fans we wouldn't even be here. We bitch because we love. I complain as much as everyone, yet I always bend over backwards to fit time into my schedule to watch the blues.

The Blues are the only sports team I feel any passion about. I'm a casual Cards fan, and I had fun watching them win the series recently and in my youth, but it's just not the same. I feel like I've put 20 years of my heart and soul into the blues and all the ever give me back is disspointment. It eventually just kind of wears you down. I think the big problem is that the second half of last year was so encouraging and it really looked like this team was on the edge of something special... And ready tobreturn to being a very competative team, an then this season starts and it's just the same old crap. New year, new way to dissapoint.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

The Bob Essensa Xperience wrote:This is sports, it's, like, supposed to be fun...you know?
Well, there's something we can agree on, but that's about it.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

If you're really a fan, and you're really paying attention, you can't really be having fun.

Of course you wouldn't be surprised by our lack of scoring, Brewer's sucking, or Murray's ineptitude either.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

ViPeRx007 wrote:nobody on the team has gotten Ebola yet
I think Murray might have ebola.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

You clearly don't understand.. It's the blues it is impossible to enjoy yourself consistently with this team. Also, you can't compare Michigan football to blues hockey. First, Michigan has a lot more history of winning championships and you only have to watchthem suck once a week for like 11 weeks.

And I don't know about anyone else but I never really am too happy during a game I'm always looking at the bad stuff more than the good, unless we are up by several goals. I really look forward to blues games and rearrange my schedule to fit in watching the games and I was driving all the way down town 3 years ago for a wednesday night game against the coyotes, along with the other 5000 people in the stadium. So maybe get of your high horse before you come on here and say we suck as fans.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

You got three years off of getting kicked in the nuts by the Blues? That could explain it. My reflexes are just a little bit quicker... I know if I come up with a (not so ) witty cut down every time the Blues suck I might just just get my hands down in time to block the annual shot to the groin.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

All-Star
All-Star

Again, I'm not saying that criticizing the team is not being a true fan, and this is not some elitist "I'm a better fan than you" statement, but it's to the point where a significant minority of this board seems to WANT the blues to fail, and enjoys it. And the rest, pretty much go along.

It's not a whole lot of fun to be around, and I think the flagging participation on this board is evidence of that. 3 years ago, it was near-on impossible to keep a thread on the first page. Now, we've had two pretty exciting victories in the last 3 days..and there's nothing. No one. It's not dead here, but it's not what it was, either. Game day threads used to routinely hit double digits! And that's no fault of Curt's - as this is still one of the most well set-up boards with absolutely the best founder and staff imaginable.

Look, I get it. There's a tendency, after a while, to see something go wrong in a game or in a season, and just figure "Ah hell, here we go again." And then it's kind of fun to get your snark on all over the place, and try to one up each other with new levels of cynicism. It's cute. It was really, really fun in junior high.

But, goddamnit, the truth is we're 4 points from the playoffs with a game in hand. Your expectations were too high coming into a season with an incredibly young and still learning team. Mine were too. But the season is barely 1/3 done, and you're ready to play for draft picks? Criticize all you want, hate the whole team if that's what gets your blocks off - but we're about to pass the Red Wings in the standings for the first time in my grown-up life! GOD! What the hell does it take to squeeze an ounce of excitement out of you people? At least lets rally around the seeming demise of the Wings - surely there's something to get excited about there?

I just want Blues fans to stop expecting, and especially hoping, that the Blues will fail. This board and these fans have become an entire party full of Debbie Downers, and everyone is saying "uh huh" and slowly backing away and leaving you with yourselves. I doubt I can change that, and maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days where it was worth posting, but I had to at least try.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

The Bob Essensa Xperience wrote:Again, I'm not saying that criticizing the team is not being a true fan, and this is not some elitist "I'm a better fan than you" statement, but it's to the point where a significant minority of this board seems to WANT the blues to fail, and enjoys it. And the rest, pretty much go along.

It's not a whole lot of fun to be around, and I think the flagging participation on this board is evidence of that. 3 years ago, it was near-on impossible to keep a thread on the first page. Now, we've had two pretty exciting victories in the last 3 days..and there's nothing. No one. It's not dead here, but it's not what it was, either. Game day threads used to routinely hit double digits! And that's no fault of Curt's - as this is still one of the most well set-up boards with absolutely the best founder and staff imaginable.

Look, I get it. There's a tendency, after a while, to see something go wrong in a game or in a season, and just figure "Ah hell, here we go again." And then it's kind of fun to get your snark on all over the place, and try to one up each other with new levels of cynicism. It's cute. It was really, really fun in junior high.

But, goddamnit, the truth is we're 4 points from the playoffs with a game in hand. Your expectations were too high coming into a season with an incredibly young and still learning team. Mine were too. But the season is barely 1/3 done, and you're ready to play for draft picks? Criticize all you want, hate the whole team if that's what gets your blocks off - but we're about to pass the Red Wings in the standings for the first time in my grown-up life! GOD! What the hell does it take to squeeze an ounce of excitement out of you people? At least lets rally around the seeming demise of the Wings - surely there's something to get excited about there?

I just want Blues fans to stop expecting, and especially hoping, that the Blues will fail. This board and these fans have become an entire party full of Debbie Downers, and everyone is saying "uh huh" and slowly backing away and leaving you with yourselves. I doubt I can change that, and maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days where it was worth posting, but I had to at least try.

You might want to check the chat room during games, if you are worried about the GDT's being short.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

The Bob Essensa Xperience wrote:...it's to the point where a significant minority of this board seems to WANT the blues to fail, and enjoys it. And the rest, pretty much go along.

Now, we've had two pretty exciting victories in the last 3 days..and there's nothing. No one. It's not dead here, but it's not what it was, either. Game day threads used to routinely hit double digits!

Your expectations were too high coming into a season with an incredibly young and still learning team. Mine were too. But the season is barely 1/3 done, and you're ready to play for draft picks? Criticize all you want, hate the whole team if that's what gets your blocks off - but we're about to pass the Red Wings in the standings for the first time in my grown-up life! GOD! What the hell does it take to squeeze an ounce of excitement out of you people? At least lets rally around the seeming demise of the Wings - surely there's something to get excited about there?

Wow I have so much to say and so much I disagree with here. I'll just address the most recent post.
1. I'm pretty sure I speak for all Blues fans on this board, that no one has said they ENJOY it when the Blues lose. That doesn't even make sense... "Yay, my team lost to Columbus/Chicago/Nashville again. Awesome!" I think when they say that, it's more of a sarcastic remark, not to be taken literally... going on a limb though... people are pretty tired of seeing their team lose. They beat San Jose and LA, which was awesome, but it's kind of INCONSISTENT. There is no reason why they can't do that day in and out. They beat the best team in the NHL, but then turn around and lose to a crappy one more often than not.

2. GDTs haven't changed much... I know a lot of people use FlashChat or whatever it's called.
3. Something we can agree on, we had high expectations. RIGHTFULLY SO. Blues have been rebuilding for what... 5-6 seasons now? They have a solid group and there is NO reason why they shouldn't be in 3rd in the divsion by the end of the year (or even all year) and no reason why they shouldn't be in a playoff spot RIGHT NOW. As I've read, I can't really see anyone saying that we're playing for draft picks... I believe what they said is "If we keep this up, we'll be playing for draft picks." I don't think anyone WANTS to play for a high draft pick... I just think they're being realisitic.
4. Yes beating Detroit feels great... at all times. But being in front of them in the standings is a bit hindered in my opinion that we're currently BEHIND them in the standings, and every other team in central... game in hand or not... that sucks.
5. Fans are calling for Murray's head and being ignored. I' mnot saying they should fire him for the fans alone, but the results speak for themselves... an inconsistent team with OOGLES of talent not being brought out every night. AND I HATE PLAYING NOT TO LOSE. THAT'S DUMB.
6. I'm not going to turn by back on STL ever, but it's a depressing time to be a Blues fan. Don't get me wrong, when I get back from France in a few weeks, I'll be at a game going crazy. The reason why we're so 'hard' on the team is becuse we all love them so much and know they are so much better than they show.

Edit: Is this Andy Murray posting???

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

You really need to post more often Bob.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

section319 wrote:
The Bob Essensa Xperience wrote:Again, I'm not saying that criticizing the team is not being a true fan, and this is not some elitist "I'm a better fan than you" statement, but it's to the point where a significant minority of this board seems to WANT the blues to fail, and enjoys it. And the rest, pretty much go along.

You might want to check the chat room during games, if you are worried about the GDT's being short.
Very true, flashchat usually has quite a handful of people, all of whom would be posting in the GDTs otherwise. I much prefer being in there talking to others in real time as opposed to clicking refresh to check for the next post. I realize that makes the board look more stale, but if I want Blues fans to talk to during a game then theres not many better places to go than the flashchat.

Maybe I have just gotten immune to it, but I hardly notice any Blues fans WANTING to lose. Maybe someone WANTS to lose as an excuse to fire Murray... but anybody who goes that far I generally don't bother to read. I don't know of anybody who wants a high draft pick over a playoff race. In fact, I think thats half the issue here... most people absolutely don't want to lose, they want the playoffs and they want a playoff run. When the Blues stumble I legitimately get upset. I'm knee deep in my 5th semester of law school finals and I have tried to keep myself from watching the games to avoid the stress (update: I've watched every game anyway).

I have a hard time understanding how you criticize Blues fans for both having high expectations for success on the one hand and simultaneously rooting for them to lose on the other. If its the bi-polar tendencies that overwhelm this fanbase that bothers you then I can understand that... it bugs me too. I know enough to know I dont know the full story or the solution (or if we even need one) for common scape goats like Brewer, Jackman, Murray, Kariya or whomever. I just want to win with the guys on the ice and if someone in a paid position to make a move makes a move, whatever that move is you'll find me rooting for its absolute success... and never its failure.

Lets Go Blues.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

I'd recommend finding a Korean whore. You seem a little "backed up", Bob.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Of course people who routinely spend 2 and a half hours in flashchat during gametime don't actually suck as fans, but do make every effort to suck as productive members of society. I'm just saying.

:lol:
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

glen a richter wrote:Of course people who routinely spend 2 and a half hours in flashchat during gametime don't actually suck as fans, but do make every effort to suck as productive members of society. I'm just saying.

:lol:
So you're saying the people in flashchat are the best members of society and that we are just wasting away our potential?

Cause I gotta say, society......kinda overrated. It does a swell job of sucking on it's own.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko