Flyers Fire Coach John Stevens

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Flyers Fire Coach John Stevens

Post by SIU LAW »

per TSN.

Goodbye Laviolette.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Flyers Fire Coach John Stevens

Post by ohio BLUES »

Well, fack.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

God dammit!!! Why the frack is Murray still in St. Louis??????
Im growing tired of this shit

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The fact that Murray is still head coach of this team defies all logic.

Lightning won't strike twice. Last year was an anomaly, and that's not the kind of team this is anyway. They should have 20-30 more goals than they presently have and 5-6 more wins.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

glen a richter wrote:The fact that Murray is still head coach of this team defies all logic.

Lightning won't strike twice. Last year was an anomaly, and that's not the kind of team this is anyway. They should have 20-30 more goals than they presently have and 5-6 more wins.
Defies all logic?? Really??? Who won last night?? Who is turning this team around lately? SO when they lose, it's because of Murray, and when they win, it's despite him? By that logic, it could be argued that the Detroit Red Wings won all those cups despite Scotty Bowman........

And actually, lightning strikes in the same place aren't unheard of, if conditions are right -- such as radio towers, buildings, etc.

I'm just sayin'....

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

BF44 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:The fact that Murray is still head coach of this team defies all logic.

Defies all logic?? Really??? Who won last night?? Who is turning this team around lately? SO when they lose, it's because of Murray, and when they win, it's despite him? By that logic, it could be argued that the Detroit Red Wings won all those cups despite Scotty Bowman........

And actually, lightning strikes in the same place aren't unheard of, if conditions are right -- such as radio towers, buildings, etc.

I'm just sayin'....
I'm not sure you can credit Murray for a spin around goal from basically where the blue line used to be with 18 different kinds of traffic in front of Nabokov. By that point it's just down to hockies players playing hockies. What concerns me more is how we never - except for the Vancouver game, really - play the way we're capable until we've spotted the other team a goal or two. Doesn't that tell you that the team is being told to play with their assholes a little too tight?
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

That Goddamn Pronger is a coach killer.
BTW, while on the subject, Pronger gives a large part of the credit for his development at the NHL level to Andy Murray X 1000. The great Coach K.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Im about to shit my pants from the sheer stupidity of this organization

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

ohio BLUES wrote:
BF44 wrote:

I'm just sayin'....
I'm not sure you can credit Murray for a spin around goal from basically where the blue line used to be with 18 different kinds of traffic in front of Nabokov. By that point it's just down to hockies players playing hockies. What concerns me more is how we never - except for the Vancouver game, really - play the way we're capable until we've spotted the other team a goal or two. Doesn't that tell you that the team is being told to play with their assholes a little too tight?
Well I'm not sure you can blame Murray for that fact that our goal scorers couldn't score a goal into the Gateway Arch from 20 feet, either, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.....

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'm not entirely sure what Murray has done in his NHL coaching career to warrant such high praise as an elite coach, etc... apart from develop a system that works on a team that's filled with grinders and never advance particularly far in the playoffs. Last years team was a grinding team out of necessity. This years team isn't designed as such.

To effectively proclaim that Murray is doing a fantastic job because of a win which wouldn't have happened save for a last seconds shorty is shortsighted. No matter how crap the coach, a team will win games, and may even make the playoffs. What happens if they get there is another story altogether.

Laviolette has cup experience and now he's gone. I'm tired of this team being a bridesmaid.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

SIU LAW wrote:Goodbye Laviolette.
That blows. :evil:
I love hockey. Period.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:Im about to shit my pants from the sheer stupidity of this organization
So how many pairs have you already ruined then?
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

my washing machine is on constantly.
again, I was doing fine lastnight, and when I woke up. but when I looked at yahoosports and it said nothing about Murray being fired I wanted to cut someone.
If this team had average or shit goalies they would be the worst in the league.

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

all of your opinions matter
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter