Remember when...

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Remember when...

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

goon attack wrote:You were glad to see Drake go? He's one of the few who would fight.
Meh, yeah that's a good point. I felt he was the best grinder since Mellanby, so can't fault him for that. Just that he went to Detroit... c'mon.

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:
philco_3 wrote:Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Nope
Beyond Thunderdome!

Remember when Steve Duchene and Al MacInnis tore it up on the blue line? Also, Joe Micheletti was color commentating? I didn't realize how good of a commentator he was until he was gone.. :cry:

Edit: Also anyone remember when our "captain" Dallas Drake signed his deal with Detroit? I was glad to see him go, but c'mon. That's like marrying your ex-wife's sister.
That seems to happen all the time for some reason (e.g. Komisarek to Toronto, Damon to the Yankees, etc) and yea its confusing. My best guess is that when you play a team so much you know a lot more about them and even if they are rivals there's a respect there.

Plus he wanted to win a cup. :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
TSUCookieMonster wrote:
Yes
Yes
Yes
Nope
Beyond Thunderdome!

Remember when Steve Duchene and Al MacInnis tore it up on the blue line? Also, Joe Micheletti was color commentating? I didn't realize how good of a commentator he was until he was gone.. :cry:

Edit: Also anyone remember when our "captain" Dallas Drake signed his deal with Detroit? I was glad to see him go, but c'mon. That's like marrying your ex-wife's sister.
That seems to happen all the time for some reason (e.g. Komisarek to Toronto, Damon to the Yankees, etc) and yea its confusing. My best guess is that when you play a team so much you know a lot more about them and even if they are rivals there's a respect there.

So what you're saying here is that EJ is going to be traded to Washington for Brent Johnson and future considerations? :wink:

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
TSUCookieMonster wrote:
Yes
Yes
Yes
Nope
Beyond Thunderdome!

So what you're saying here is that EJ is going to be traded to Washington for Brent Johnson and future considerations? :wink:
Blackhawks for Antti Niemi :P
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

I don't think Murray is utilizing Boyes to his potential. Last season he did, as Boyes played more on the first line. The same goes with Perron. These are both potential 30+ goal scorers who are being played on 3rd lines with shitty players. Of course they're not going to score. Perron doesn't get any ice time.

Hell, if we had Ovechkin I'm convinced Murray would just put him on our checking line.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

xbleed83bluex wrote:I don't think Murray is utilizing Boyes to his potential. Last season he did, as Boyes played more on the first line. The same goes with Perron. These are both potential 30+ goal scorers who are being played on 3rd lines with shitty players. Of course they're not going to score. Perron doesn't get any ice time.

Hell, if we had Ovechkin I'm convinced Murray would just put him on our checking line.
Boyes is actually 3rd in the team in total ice time and leads the team in ice time 5 on 5.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

That and boyes and perron have been playing on a line with Mcdonald.. What team have you been watching where they are playing on the third line with "shitty" players?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Remember when we had an effective power play with twin 100mph slap shots on the points - one that everyone in the league feared and respected that could set up in the zone and stay there for most of a man advantage?
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman