Better goal

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Better Goal: TJ Last year or Perron last night?

Oshie against Vancouver
21%
Perron against NY Islanders
79%

Total votes: 33

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Better goal

Post by ohio BLUES »

Perron's goal for sure. Oshie's had the wow factor as well, but I still have no idea why Luongo came out that far. Looked like a beached whale in heat.

Perron had the unbelievable, 1-on-everybody thing for his favor and he deked them all out of their skates.

Side note, Perron's goal was nominated as one of five "Goals of the Quarter" on NHL.com... except that they are showing video of his less excellent first goal from Saturday night :lol:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

A-Yo!
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by A-Yo! »

dmiles2186 wrote:The significance of Oshie's goal (in the midst of the playoff push, that game marking the first time that the playoffs seemed like a real, legit possibility and that goal sort of the symbol of the transformation of the team) was much greater.

But Perron's goal was flat out amazing. Throughout the last 2+ seasons, we've seen flashes of skill like this but making a play like that just shows what he's capable of now and in the future.

True! Perron is steadily getting used to the game. I mean isn't he just 20-21 right now? We have seen the ability but now the confidence is starting to catch up with it. This kid could be the brightest of the youngsters.

My son and I were looking at the goal and we where screaming our heads off! It was just one BADASS goal!

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

EJ had a nice goal as well.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

SamJunior
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by SamJunior »

My vote goes to Oshie, because watching Luongo laying at the face off point like a whale that stucked on the beach was fukken priceless!

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

SamJunior wrote:My vote goes to Oshie, because watching Luongo laying at the face off point like a whale that stucked on the beach was fukken priceless!
:plusplus: That's why I picked Oshie, it was against Luongo and Oshie still got around some guys to make that shot- to say nothing of the really tough angle he was shooting from.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

Here's an interesting tidbit on Oshie's goal...remember how he grabbed the puck in the air, then threw it down near his stick, made the turnaround move, and scored? Since he caught the puck, he could have released it anywhere he wanted and had himself an easier goal. Whenever you catch a puck in the air when you're that close to the net, you could basically release it right on the goal line and tap it in.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.