Jay Bariball

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Jay Bariball

Post by strocklen083 »

What ever happened to that asshat? Is he still in school? I know we got him from San Jose in the Guerin deal.

Oh Baby!
Prospect
Prospect

Re: Jay Bariball

Post by Oh Baby! »

senior year

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Isn't he working for Santa at the North Pole?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Oh Baby! wrote:senior year
Still a gopher. :oops:
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

He'll be ready to go pro after this season. But I don't have a lot of hopes for him to play for The Blues. He looks to me like a good AHLer. But, with his small stature, low weight, and lack of strength, speed and moves to make up for it, he'll have trouble making an NHL team. I see him as another Petr Sejna. He's not fast enough nor shifty enough to get enough separation to operate on offence, and he's too short, light and weak to avoid being a defensive liability. I don't see a place for him. He's not scoring in clusters in his senior season enough to make him tradeable as a "prospect", so The Blues could get some return on him. His being thrown into the trade to The Blues will likely end up being worth nothing, unless he has a miracle attitude transformation, leading to intense power-skating courses being taken, intense strength programmes, and he works, doggedly, to improve his game. Players like Martin St. Louis play well in The NHL, so, it wouldn't be impossible. But, he's got a long way to go.

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

Robb_K wrote:He'll be ready to go pro after this season. But I don't have a lot of hopes for him to play for The Blues. He looks to me like a good AHLer. But, with his small stature, low weight, and lack of strength, speed and moves to make up for it, he'll have trouble making an NHL team. I see him as another Petr Sejna. He's not fast enough nor shifty enough to get enough separation to operate on offence, and he's too short, light and weak to avoid being a defensive liability. I don't see a place for him. He's not scoring in clusters in his senior season enough to make him tradeable as a "prospect", so The Blues could get some return on him. His being thrown into the trade to The Blues will likely end up being worth nothing, unless he has a miracle attitude transformation, leading to intense power-skating courses being taken, intense strength programmes, and he works, doggedly, to improve his game. Players like Martin St. Louis play well in The NHL, so, it wouldn't be impossible. But, he's got a long way to go.
He always seemed impressive to me a the prospect camps, much moreso than in University of Minnesota Gophers games...but I've also not seen him play NCAA hockey live...just the prospect camps.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

The only thing I need to know about this kid-

Jay Bariball > Daniel Corso ???????
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak