GDT: Blues @ B-Hawks, 7:00 PM, Versus, KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Blues @ B-Hawks, 7:00 PM, Versus, KMOX

Post by theohall »

DaDitka wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
DaDitka wrote:Conks should be taken out back, beaten to within an inch of his life, tied up, locked in a trunk and forced to listen to a never ending loop of Darn Pang highlight calls with that 'Friday' sng playing in the background.

Conklin, talking about goal/Blackhawks: "They're probably going to make it in the playoffs anyway. Do we really just have to make it that obvious. They're going to get in anyway."

Not sure if you are reading his quote right. I think he's being sarcastic. This article seems to put that quote in a different way.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... f6878.html
It appears you are correct.

I guess that's what happens when you cut and past a JR tweet. (Which by the way he has now gone back and made it a ling to a full article with the full quote instead of just the cut/paste tweet above)
Getting the actual quote right would help:
Conklin wrote:They're probably going to make it into the playoffs anyway, but do we really have to make it that obvious that the league wants them in?
Is considerably different from that quoted tweet. Sounds like he was pissed about it. He was still a sieve in OT, though.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Cavallinis
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Cavallinis »

kodos wrote:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=900100'

36 page thread on how crappy this call was on HF. 99% of the people agree that it was crap. The other 1% seem to be on the fence.

I don't have a link, but apparently Hossa himself didn't think it was a goal.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=900100&page=37

On page 37 (?) of that thread is a nice .gif vid from a different angle that clearly shows Hossa missed the puck with his stick. Scroll down near the bottom of the page.

Please excuse the noob if someone else caught this previously, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on LGB.

First time, long time, :hawkssuck:

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Cavallinis wrote:

36 page thread on how crappy this call was on HF. 99% of the people agree that it was crap. The other 1% seem to be on the fence.

On page 37 (?) of that thread is a nice .gif vid from a different angle that clearly shows Hossa missed the puck with his stick. Scroll down near the bottom of the page.

Please excuse the noob if someone else caught this previously, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on LGB.

Just don't talk about Boyes being a Savior and you'll be fine lol
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Cavallinis wrote:

At least you have a proper handle. nice pic. Amazing how O'Halloran could supposedly see the puck across the goal line through all those bodies as far away as he was. :roll:

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

I generally think Strickland is a total ass, but he nails it on the head here:

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/NHL- ... s-Decision
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Why does the United Center only have the one angle for looking at goals? True - for the crossing the line view, it's adequate, but I know I've seen better. However, Hossa's stick touching the puck thing - there were other views they never bothered showing at all. And those clearly showed Hossa's stick not touching the puck.

I know when games are shown from ScottTrade, there are usually between 3-5 different angles shown to see if a puck went in or not. At the UC, only one??? That's BS as well. All rinks should have the capabilities to provide more than one friggin' view of a potential goal.

AK
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AK »

You guys got jobbed, no question about it.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

theohall wrote:Why does the United Center only have the one angle for looking at goals?
to fukk the Blues in the asshole
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

This league is a JOKE. Absolutely unbelievable that that was called a goal, and ZERO mention of it on the NHL webpage - just gonna pretend that didn't happen.

If that goal was given to the Blues against New Jersey, we'd be giving them Backes and a 2nd rounder :roll:

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

ohio BLUES wrote:I generally think Strickland is a total ass
True Dat!
ohio BLUES wrote: , but he nails it on the head here:

True Dat as well!

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

drwoland wrote:This league is a JOKE. Absolutely unbelievable that that was called a goal, and ZERO mention of it on the NHL webpage - just gonna pretend that didn't happen.
Yeah... I was watching VS yesterday before the Thrashers and Rangers game. They talked about the game and how huge it was for the Hawks to come back and win. Just one small mention of the "goal". They said the league said Hossa touched the puck with his stick, good goal, end of story...

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

abc789987 wrote:
drwoland wrote:This league is a JOKE. Absolutely unbelievable that that was called a goal, and ZERO mention of it on the NHL webpage - just gonna pretend that didn't happen.
Yeah... I was watching VS yesterday before the Thrashers and Rangers game. They talked about the game and how huge it was for the Hawks to come back and win. Just one small mention of the "goal". They said the league said Hossa touched the puck with his stick, good goal, end of story...
And they conveniently didn't bother showing any video which shows him not touching the puck. :roll:

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

"YOU'RE HERE FOR ONE SPECIFIC GODDAMNED REASON..."

"Why's that?"

"To (Frank) US!"

[youtube][/youtube]