GDT #6: 10/18/15 | 2:00PM CST | @ Jets | FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #6: 10/18/15 | 2:00PM CST | @ Jets | FSMW/KMOX

Post by dmiles2186 »

cardsfan04 wrote:I never had many real doubts about Tarasenko becoming content after getting paid, but it's still nice to see 5 goals in 6 games.
That and he looks so confident. You can tell he's more of a leader, he's having fun, scoring goals. So awesome to have a bona fide superstar.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:I never had many real doubts about Tarasenko becoming content after getting paid, but it's still nice to see 5 goals in 6 games.
That and he looks so confident. You can tell he's more of a leader, he's having fun, scoring goals. So awesome to have a bona fide superstar.
Yep, and finally lol. We deserve a superstar or 3.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Robb_K wrote:Great gutcheck win on the road after 4 games in 5&1/2 days - and with 3 key regulars out! Lots of players upped their games to help win this one.
I think it's really fortunate that this Canada trip was so early in the year. The team is fresher and there are fewer injuries. It's something small, but it's nice to do this early. I'm sure we'll have another one later on, but still.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

cardsfan04 wrote:
Robb_K wrote:Great gutcheck win on the road after 4 games in 5&1/2 days - and with 3 key regulars out! Lots of players upped their games to help win this one.
I think it's really fortunate that this Canada trip was so early in the year. The team is fresher and there are fewer injuries. It's something small, but it's nice to do this early. I'm sure we'll have another one later on, but still.
There is a 3-gamer in January - Avs, Ducks, Kings. 3 games, 4 days
And a 5-gamer in March - Stars, Flames, Oilers, Canucks, Sharks - 5 games, 11 days

That's it for West Coast extended trips.

The Blues schedule is very favorable in terms of travel, IMO, outside of this first trip. Rather have it now, than later.

To the game - tough 1st two periods with all the PKs, but that 3rd period was awesome in terms of possession and consistent offensive zone pressure with outstanding chances.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Lets hope no other teams have seen Parayko play.
Don't let pro scouts in.
In fact, don't let fans in the building, or televise the games. We need to keep the guy Fulton Reed dreams of becoming a secret.

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

Tarasenko is unreal. He manages to consistently find open spaces in the opponent's defense despite being every team's top defensive priority. He's also a master of creating and abusing screens. Both of his goals tonight were through screens as well as his goal against Vancouver. He has an innate ability to snipe the puck through traffic that would be terrifying to play against if he were on any other team. I'm so glad we locked him up.

Parayko has been a great surprise as well. Someone here compared him to MaCinnis over the summer and I remember being skeptical(I admit I hadn't followed his development as closely as I should have). His Shot-pass to Gunnarson for the late goal reminded me exactly of MaCinnis's style of play. He put the fear of god into them over the course of the game with his cannon of a slapshot. Late in the game he knew the Jets would respect it and faked them all out to the backdoor/off wing. That's a textbook MaCinnis play if I've ever seen one.

I feel bad for Schwartz. He's been putting up a noticeably better effort the past three games but hasn't found any reward yet. Hopefully he doesn't get discouraged and keeps plugging away.

Tonight was the first time I noticed Jaskin doing anything productive this season, that was good to see. He had some sly plays and a pretty sweet backhand lob pass to Upshall for the goal. His line with Gomez and Upshall seemed to mesh nicely.

Elliot has been solid all year.

Overall we look really good despite missing some of our best players. I'm so glad to get this road trip out of the way early. Dominating a long road trip to start the season would be huge for morale going forward. If not for a 20 second brainfart in the Minny game the Blues could very well be undefeated right now.
Last edited by Kreegz2 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Here's something to remember about Parayko: he's a rookie. Imagine what he'll be doing when he's got a few years experience under his belt. Possibly the best find of his draft year? You bet.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Another thing to mention, we all sort of panned the Gomez/Upshall invites to camp, but Gomez looked completely in control on the PP yesterday. The way he held the puck along the half boards, let the play develop, kicked it out to Tarasenko for his 2nd snipe of the day...that was a veteran move.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb