And the hits just keep on coming

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

And the hits just keep on coming

Post by theohall »

Cannot emergency recall Hofer or Ellis - Hofer due to bonuses which will take him over 850K and the limit for emergency recalls is 850K. Ellis makes 850.833K

So Blues signed G John Gillies (backup goalie for Providence and then LeHigh Valley in the AHL) who will end up backing up Lindgren on Thursday and probably Saturday. I believe the earliest Binnington can return is Sunday. Gillies has 12 games NHL experience between 2016 and 2018, so he does have some experience. This will count as an emergency recall.

Also, Nathan Walker emergency recalled. The only Springfield forwards not available for emergency recall are MacEachern, McGing, Alexandrov, Toropchenko, and Washkurak - all of them are over the limit of 850K AAV due to bonuses or outright salary.

Apparently, per Jim Thomas, Springfield has 8 players in Covid restriction. I haven't seen any news about that anywhere. Only thing I saw was games postponed due to opponents having issues.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season