GDT Game 4: 4/22/15 | 8:30PM CST | @ Wild | FSMW/NBCSN/Y98

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT Game 4: 4/22/15 | 8:30PM CST | @ Wild | FSMW/NBCSN/Y

Post by cardsfan04 »

I hate playing amateur psychologist from my couch, but it seems that they get overconfident at times and cruise. Then, they get a wake up call and put the foot on the gas again until they need another wakeup call. If that is the case, they seemed to have gotten the message loud and clear from game 3. Hopefully they don't forget it the rest of the playoffs.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

dmiles2186 wrote:I've seen some quotes on Twitter this morning from a few former players (Terry Yake and Jim Campbell, specifically), both indicating that it seems like, or they heard, that there were discussions between players and coaches between Game 3 and 4. Yake seemed to allude to players asking to open things up, but I also wonder if it was just as simple as them saying to Hitch (or Muller/Shaw), "Hey, let's roll the lines that got us here."

Personally, I don't think it's a coincidence for Backes and Stastny getting their first goals of the postseason after being paired with the guys they played 90% of the season with. Just keep the lines the same, Hitch. Please.
Commentators were also saying that the Blues were shooting more and not playing as cute along the boards which looked to be accurate.

Just a wonderful feeling last night. Some of the immense talent that the Blues has was showcased beautifully.

Tarasenko... God what do you even say about this kid anymore? He leaves me just smiling and shaking my head in disbelief at what I just saw. The kid just scores. Often.

Hell even Berglund's goal left me blown away. Back hand top shelf? Dang guys...

Lehtera and Tarasenko should never be split up. I watched closely and there were some passes where the one wasn't ENTIRELY sure that the other was in the area of their pass but they quasi-psychic about where the other player will be. Awesome to watch.

Dubnyk looked visibly shaken up after that shot he stopped with his inner thigh and he wasn't moving very well or with much confidence. When Oshie almost scored on him back door I'm shocked Yeo didn't pull the trigger right then and there.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Awesome Twitter post by the Mayor of Saint Paul, MN. :grin:
https://twitter.com/mayorcoleman/status/591092754203181056

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

WaukeeBlues wrote:Lehtera and Tarasenko should never be split up.
Amen.

One guess-no looking-as to who put a 100' pass right on 91's tape for the partial breakaway...

Exactly why the line tinkering has to stop. If Hitch were coaching the Blues in 1988, he'd split up Hull & Oates at the start of the playoffs, you know, just to see how they respond. And he'd have given Oates' spot on the top line to Rick Meagher.

heff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by heff »

What a game last night! Everybody seemed to be in sync and I hope our Blues can ride this wave. The playoff road game demons have been exorcized in stunning fashion.

WTG each and every one of you magnificent blue bastards!

Also, PSA, the NHL channel carried the start of the Blues game when the Pens-Rangers went overtime.

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

It's pretty sweet when the first 4 goals go in and all 4 lines have scored. That's domination. Let's hope they can bring this same game on Friday. Winning even games won' win you nothing when their is no 8th game. Blues need to win 2 in a row at some point or they lose the series. They need to finish this in 6.
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)