10 burning questions about the Blues

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: 10 burning questions about the Blues

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Ruutu15 wrote:
AlsWoodenStick wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:A bad question? You mean the captain of a Stanley Cup champion team (and a member of another Cup winning team), as well as captain of team USA's olympic team in 2010.

But then again, why does a team destined for 4th in the division (if lucky) need a 2x cup winning captain anyway? :wink:
Yes, I meant it's a bad question. Also, the season hasn't started yet, so I don't think we're "destined" for 4th place

Since the Hawks have won the Cup a couple years ago, you've posted on here like you're hot shit. Go ahead, post away. I don't loom at Hawks blogs, why are you even on here?

I just think that Lang is a bad option at Captian (but he's a good leader still, hmm, maybe that's why he's an "A" in his first year???) and Backes will do well as a C. That's it.
Dude I have been posting here like I was hot shit since 2003 when the Blackhawks were terrible. :lol:

As for why I'm here, I'm here because I like being here and I like the people. 99% of the people here know that when I am being a smartass, I'm just messing around. I've been here as long as most of the people currently on here, and longer than a lot of others, so I don't feel that I need to justify why I'm here. My 'attitude' hasn't changed since the Blackhawks won the cup.

And besides, the point of me mentioning Langenbrunner doesn't have anything to do with me being a Hawks fan. I thought it was a legit question, and the point of a message board is to spark conversation. I think the fact that Langenbrunner has won 2 cups (1 as a C), and captained the US olympic team to a gold medal game is the main reason that the Blues signed him. I never said that Backes couldn't to a good job, because I'm sure that he can. As for my remarks about the Blues finishing 4th in the division, I put the wink there to indicate a playful dig.
THE HAWKS SUCK, JACKASS!

:lol:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Ha! Thanks fellas.

Alswoodenstick, I'm sorry if you've taken me the wrong way. I love hockey, and I love talking about it. Like I said, I'm here because I like the people. Even I don't like the d-bags (mostly) that are on Hawks forums now. I'm just trying to stir the pot a little, but it's all in good fun. :okman:

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

Ruutu15 wrote:Ha! Thanks fellas.

Alswoodenstick, I'm sorry if you've taken me the wrong way. I love hockey, and I love talking about it. Like I said, I'm here because I like the people. Even I don't like the d-bags (mostly) that are on Hawks forums now. I'm just trying to stir the pot a little, but it's all in good fun. :okman:
:hawkssuck: That is all.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

The Hawks are members of the Westboro Baptist Church and they have sex with koala bears.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:The Hawks are members of the Westboro Baptist Church and they have sex with koala bears.
No because Koalas are the tool of Satan. We'll be protesting outside the Scotttrade Center.

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

I gotcha. Thanks for being cool, after my girlfriend and I were assaulted after a Hawks-Blues game I guess I'm particularly adverse to Hawks fans. Also I'm relatively new, joining about a year ago, so not knowing much about your posts plus the fact that sarcasm and emphasis is lost in the internet made me pissed. The people here are cool, and I'm all for stirring the pot in fun. I'll take it with that grain of salt from now on. If we can't agree between the Blues and Hawks, at least we can agree that :detsucks: right?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

AlsWoodenStick wrote:

I gotcha. Thanks for being cool, after my girlfriend and I were assaulted after a Hawks-Blues game I guess I'm particularly adverse to Hawks fans. Also I'm relatively new, joining about a year ago, so not knowing much about your posts plus the fact that sarcasm and emphasis is lost in the internet made me pissed. The people here are cool, and I'm all for stirring the pot in fun. I'll take it with that grain of salt from now on. If we can't agree between the Blues and Hawks, at least we can agree that :detsucks: right?
No harm done! Sorry you had a bad experience with Hawks fans. Like any fan base, there are always going to be idiots who ruin it for everyone.