Bishop the Conkblocker (Conklin Waived)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Bishop the Conkblocker

Post by theohall »

While Bishop played like crap against Chicago, he pitched 40 miinutes of shutout hockey in relief of Conklin in his first game, then pitched a full shutout in his 2nd start. The question is can Bishop be consistently good? We already know what Conklin provides and he can't win a shootout. So... goodbye Conklin. We will move forward with the unproven goalie who has 100 minutes of shutout hockey in his first 160 minutes played this season.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

oldbattler
Prospect
Prospect

Post by oldbattler »

northwest dave wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
theohall wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:WHOO!

Also, DJ King was placed on waivers, according to Bob Mckenzie. Cut Cam, bring the heavyweight back!
Ummm... no. At least Cam is actually capable of being on the ice. King has played a total of 6 games in 2011 and only 14 on the entire season. Still would rather see skill than Cam, but King sure as shit ain't it.
I was partially kidding. I could give or take DJ. There were a lot of folks on here upset that DJ was traded last year; it was kind of comical. Now he's getting sent through waivers. Just funny is all.

I was upset that they kept Cam over King. Both are marginal hockey players, but King destroys people when he fights...Cam, not so much.
Not this year! Watch his fights on Hockeyfights .com .He lost more this year then he is won.I like DJ. King but he isn't the fighter this year as he was before he got hurt with the Blues.He destroy them in the past ,Not this year.He was even quoted he wasn't happy with his fights this year!
Life Time Blues Fan

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

theohall wrote:While Bishop played like crap against Chicago, he pitched 40 miinutes of shutout hockey in relief of Conklin in his first game, then pitched a full shutout in his 2nd start. The question is can Bishop be consistently good? We already know what Conklin provides and he can't win a shootout. So... goodbye Conklin. We will move forward with the unproven goalie who has 100 minutes of shutout hockey in his first 160 minutes played this season.
Agreed. IIRC, Bishop played 2+ periods against Anaheim, 1+ against Chicago, and 3 against Edmonton. So, of the periods he started in goal, he only has allowed goals in 1 and his 6 SO periods. Given, he was terrible in the 2nd against Chicago, and has been ~shaky at times without allowing goals in others. But, I'm willing to chalk up the 4 goals to a "snowball effect" given his inexperience. As he matures, he hopefully will be able to bounce back from a bad goal and not let it snowball.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Are we sure Conklin has been placed on waivers? I haven't seen anything about it on either recent transactions or the Blues homepage. He is still listed on the roster.

On a side note, if we dump Conklin, the team becomes even younger. At 34, Conklin is the oldest member of the team, followed by AMac at 33. Everyone else is under 30.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

gaijin wrote:Are we sure Conklin has been placed on waivers? I haven't seen anything about it on either recent transactions or the Blues homepage. He is still listed on the roster.

On a side note, if we dump Conklin, the team becomes even younger. At 34, Conklin is the oldest member of the team, followed by AMac at 33. Everyone else is under 30.
If this is true then the blues are the youngest team in the league.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

Who's the oldest player under Amac? Jackman?
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

xbleed83bluex wrote:Who's the oldest player under Amac? Jackman?
Almost. Jackman and Winchester are both 29, but Winchester is 4 days older.

And they both turn 30 this week.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

BJ has been 100 times better this year regarding his fighting. It's like he's a new fighter. I am most pleased by this development.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller