Suck it, Detroit....

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:Hey - the Blues have the 8th seed now, with all these games blah in blah hand blah. Let's hope they stay there, then we'll get to start our own thread after that series. What should we call it? Here's an original idea - SUCK IT BLUES!!!! :lol:
But we would be called classless. :lol:
Too late. When you suck it as much as you guys do, you aint got no class to start with.
Wow, you sure "brought it". :lol:
Suck it. Put it in yo mouth and suck it.
Whoa. Nasty, yet somewhat comical.

MEG, sorry, should I raise myself to this level?
:lol:

Is this the standard here?
I think Deadphish and MEGhey are actually on the wrong forum.

Considering Deadphish wants to stick his dick in another guys mouth and MEG is, well - just ghey, they should probably move on over to http://www.letsgetghey.com

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote: But we would be called classless. :lol:
Too late. When you suck it as much as you guys do, you aint got no class to start with.

Considering Deadphish wants to stick his dick in another guys mouth and MEG is, well - just ghey, they should probably move on over to http://www.letsgetghey.com
Does that redirect to LGW? :wink:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

i haven't seen one of these on this page yet, so i think i'll throw one in...

:detsucks:

that is all.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Blues Fan in SF »

NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:Hey - the Blues have the 8th seed now, with all these games blah in blah hand blah. Let's hope they stay there, then we'll get to start our own thread after that series. What should we call it? Here's an original idea - SUCK IT BLUES!!!! :lol:

I prefer a mix of scatological references, base profanity, and vitriolic bombast when referring to the Wings here :lol:

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:

Whoa. Wild imagination you have there. I was speaking figuratively , but what ever floats your boat there, sucky.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

NSWingsfan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by NSWingsfan »

Blues Fan in SF wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:

I prefer a mix of scatological references, base profanity, and vitriolic bombast when referring to the Wings here :lol:
Now we're getting somewhere. :lol:

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:

No, that would be a lateral move. You're capable of better than both.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by WestCoastWingsFan »

cprice12 wrote:Zetterberg was better in all offensive categories. You'll get no argument from me on that. It's not even worth mentioning it's so obvious.
The problem with your clever analysis, is that Jackman isn't a forward and scoring points isn't part of his game.
It isn't part of his game because he isn't any good at it. There are plenty of defensemen for whom scoring points is part of their game (Lidstrom, Pronger, Mac, and Schneider, to name a few). Wouldn't the Blues (and Jackman himself) be better served if he had some offensive skills? Of course. But he doesn't, and that makes him a lesser player.

You hit the nail right on the head. That's why Z is now, and has always been, better than Jackman. Zatta does it all; he's a complete player. Not only is he much better offensively, but you could also make a convincing argument that he's better on D than Jackman as well. Ever wonder why the Selke always goes to a two way forward rather than a strictly defensive forward? It's because it's much more difficult to transition from offense to defense (and vice versa) than it is to spend the entire game on one half of the rink. The ability to do that makes you more talented defensively than someone who can't.
Of course Zetterberg is going to look much better on paper. He's a friggin' forward...and a good one. Hell, Dallas Drake probably looked better "on paper" than Jackman that year.

If you want to see how good a defenseman is, you have to watch him play. There are virtually no stats to tell how effective they are.

Which is why I was a little suprised Jackman won. I thought he had a great season, but you assume the voters weren't going to give it to a defensman, they never do.

But, instead of just reading the box scores...maybe some of them actually watched the games, or consulted with people in the know who watched the games.
I didn't expect it, but they got it right, IMO.
It was good to see them recognize a great season on the ice that wasn't reflected in the box scores.
A lot of players looked better on paper than Jackman. He wasn't that impressive. Z didn't just look better on paper; he looked better on the ice as well.

I'm well aware that hockey has no meaningful defensive stats. However, you're making a grave error in judgement in assuming that the typical American sportswriter took valuable time off from his basketball watching schedule to take in some hockey games. All you have to do is read some columns in order to see how clueless they are.

I was also surprised Jackman won. Stay at home defensemen have the easiet job in hockey, which is why the players with the smallest skill set tend to play that position. They don't typically receive awards bc they don't ever deserve them. But hey, they did give Rod Langway a couple of Norris Trophies, so I guess they were bound to goof with the Calder at some point as well.

There's no such thing as a great season that wasn't reflected on the box scores. Even if a skater plays dominant defense all year long, if he doesn't contribute on offense it can't be considered a great season because there was so much more that he could have done to help his team. Of course a goalie can have a great season without contributing on offense, but what he does WILL be refelcted on the box scores.

It's not like Jackman had a great season defensively, anyway. He played well, but it's not like he was shutting down the league's top scorers or anything.
Nope.
I just have my opinion, just as you have yours.
I took my guy...you took yours. Jackman got the trophy. But I don't think many people really care now...except some Wings fans who still bitch about it.
If you don't think that you do, then why do you still think Jackman was a better rookie? Let's play "Who's a better source?" Would it be the NHL players themselves, or the "hockey media?" I use that term very loosely, bc they're really just basketball media who scrape together a hockey column when they have a spare minute.

Your 'opinion' is based entirely on the fact that Jackman plays for the Blues. If Z was on the Blues and Jackman had been a Wing, we both know that you would have been screaming about how much of an injustice it was, and that Jackman only won bc the media loves the Red Wings, and that Don Cherry should drink piss, die, and burn in hell... etc,etc.
Does the Calder trophy really mean that much to you? :lol
No, it doesn't, and contrary to what you think, I've never bitched about it once. I only comment on it when you guys bring it up as evidence than Jackman is (or was) better than Zetterberg, bc it's not true. The only evidence you have for even saying it is that "Jackman won the Calder," which proves absolutely nothing, because it's not like awards are never given to the wrong people. When Cam Ward was given the Conn Smythe, I don't remember a whole lot of people on here agreeing with it.

The only trophy that matters to Wings fans is the Stanley Cup. If the Blues ever win one of those, maybe you all won't care so much about the Calder. :lol:

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

Suck

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

it

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by WestCoastWingsFan »

deadphish wrote:it
Go take a siesta, maricon.

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
y tu, pendejo.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
What a talent you have. To be able to post on multiple forums whilst sucking it so long and hard.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:Zetterberg was better in all offensive categories. You'll get no argument from me on that. It's not even worth mentioning it's so obvious.
The problem with your clever analysis, is that Jackman isn't a forward and scoring points isn't part of his game.
It isn't part of his game because he isn't any good at it. There are plenty of defensemen for whom scoring points is part of their game (Lidstrom, Pronger, Mac, and Schneider, to name a few). Wouldn't the Blues (and Jackman himself) be better served if he had some offensive skills? Of course. But he doesn't, and that makes him a lesser player.

You hit the nail right on the head. That's why Z is now, and has always been, better than Jackman. Zatta does it all; he's a complete player. Not only is he much better offensively, but you could also make a convincing argument that he's better on D than Jackman as well. Ever wonder why the Selke always goes to a two way forward rather than a strictly defensive forward? It's because it's much more difficult to transition from offense to defense (and vice versa) than it is to spend the entire game on one half of the rink. The ability to do that makes you more talented defensively than someone who can't.
Of course Zetterberg is going to look much better on paper. He's a friggin' forward...and a good one. Hell, Dallas Drake probably looked better "on paper" than Jackman that year.

If you want to see how good a defenseman is, you have to watch him play. There are virtually no stats to tell how effective they are.

Which is why I was a little suprised Jackman won. I thought he had a great season, but you assume the voters weren't going to give it to a defensman, they never do.

But, instead of just reading the box scores...maybe some of them actually watched the games, or consulted with people in the know who watched the games.
I didn't expect it, but they got it right, IMO.
It was good to see them recognize a great season on the ice that wasn't reflected in the box scores.
A lot of players looked better on paper than Jackman. He wasn't that impressive. Z didn't just look better on paper; he looked better on the ice as well.

I'm well aware that hockey has no meaningful defensive stats. However, you're making a grave error in judgement in assuming that the typical American sportswriter took valuable time off from his basketball watching schedule to take in some hockey games. All you have to do is read some columns in order to see how clueless they are.

I was also surprised Jackman won. Stay at home defensemen have the easiet job in hockey, which is why the players with the smallest skill set tend to play that position. They don't typically receive awards bc they don't ever deserve them. But hey, they did give Rod Langway a couple of Norris Trophies, so I guess they were bound to goof with the Calder at some point as well.

There's no such thing as a great season that wasn't reflected on the box scores. Even if a skater plays dominant defense all year long, if he doesn't contribute on offense it can't be considered a great season because there was so much more that he could have done to help his team. Of course a goalie can have a great season without contributing on offense, but what he does WILL be refelcted on the box scores.

It's not like Jackman had a great season defensively, anyway. He played well, but it's not like he was shutting down the league's top scorers or anything.
Nope.
I just have my opinion, just as you have yours.
I took my guy...you took yours. Jackman got the trophy. But I don't think many people really care now...except some Wings fans who still bitch about it.
If you don't think that you do, then why do you still think Jackman was a better rookie? Let's play "Who's a better source?" Would it be the NHL players themselves, or the "hockey media?" I use that term very loosely, bc they're really just basketball media who scrape together a hockey column when they have a spare minute.

Your 'opinion' is based entirely on the fact that Jackman plays for the Blues. If Z was on the Blues and Jackman had been a Wing, we both know that you would have been screaming about how much of an injustice it was, and that Jackman only won bc the media loves the Red Wings, and that Don Cherry should drink piss, die, and burn in hell... etc,etc.
Does the Calder trophy really mean that much to you? :lol
No, it doesn't, and contrary to what you think, I've never bitched about it once. I only comment on it when you guys bring it up as evidence than Jackman is (or was) better than Zetterberg, bc it's not true. The only evidence you have for even saying it is that "Jackman won the Calder," which proves absolutely nothing, because it's not like awards are never given to the wrong people. When Cam Ward was given the Conn Smythe, I don't remember a whole lot of people on here agreeing with it.

The only trophy that matters to Wings fans is the Stanley Cup. If the Blues ever win one of those, maybe you all won't care so much about the Calder. :lol:
Sigh...I'm tired of this. I really don't care about the Calder from four years ago.
My opinion is that Jackman was better then. Your opinion is that Zetterberg was better then.

The sports writers sided with me, which you discount as them being idiots.
Which is humorous...but whatever.

What about Lidstrom's Norris winning years? Were the voters idiots those years too? Or were they smarter those years for some reason?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Atlanta 5
Detroit 1

NSWingsfan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by NSWingsfan »

Blues Fan in SF wrote:Atlanta 5
Detroit 1

Yeah, they sure did. bad pk, bad pp. Nothing working right now.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

NSWingsfan wrote:
Detroit 1

CORRECTION:

Teh sucking is working quite well!

NSWingsfan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by NSWingsfan »

deadphish wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
Detroit 1

CORRECTION:

Teh sucking is working quite well!
How old are you?

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

1 point in their last 3 games...

Check to make sure there's grass on the side of the road before hurling yourselves off the bandwagon, Wings fans - those concrete face plants hurt like a beeyotch :lol:

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

Suck it.