GDT Rd 2 Gm 7: 5/7/19 | 7 PM CT | vs STars | NBCSN|NHL-APP

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT Rd 2 Gm 7: 5/7/19 | 7 PM CT | vs STars | NBCSN|NHL-A

Post by Robb_K »

Now The Blues score!!! Blues Win!!!
Blues Win!!! WCF!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
St. Louis boy beats St. Louis boy!
Last edited by Robb_K on Tue May 07, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Franking hell yeah! Gloria!!!

Many many props to Bishop on being a damn wall there, made me nervous as hell.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Maroon so stoked he hugged every Dallas player instead of shaking hands. :lol:

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Nice pass from O'Reilly to Sundqvist at the net.

Now The Blues score!!! Bluesa Win!!!
Blues Win!!! WCF!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Maroon bats in the rebound!!! St. Louis boy beats another St. Louis boy.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Dang, that would have been a new twist on the annual kick in the nads if we lost that one.

:goblues:

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

Portland Blues wrote:Dang, that would have been a new twist on the annual kick in the nads if we lost that one.

:goblues:
Especially with us giving up on Bishop too soon.

Doesn't matter. Round 3!
2021 Sponsor of Jordan Binnington
2016-17 Sponsor of David Perron
2015-16 Sponsor of Dmitri Jaškin

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Imagine that.... Bozak finally gets to take a faceoff on the right side of the ice in the offensive zone, wins it, and the Blues win the game.

In the other games when the Blues were down by 1 or 2 goals late (like final 5 or less minutes), ROR kept getting thrown on the ice for those faceoffs, even though he'd been consistently losing them on that side of the ice.

Hopefully, Berube will trust Bozak more on offensive zone, right side faceoffs late in close games after this game forced his hand into using all his lines when in OT and double OT. Left side, by all means, ROR takes that draw. Strong hand matters.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

No matter what happens the rest of the way, I think it's safe to say Berube is losing the interim tag, Blais may permanently replace Fabbri and there's no way, barring injury, that we ever see Jake Allen play another game for the Blues.

I grossly underestimated Dallas and expected it to be a shorter and easier series, so I don't want to jump the gun on whether I want San Jose or Colorado to win tonight. Take who we get, fix some of the lapses that happened in this series and get back to work I guess on Friday or Saturday probably. What I will say is that last time we saw this movie play out and beat Dallas in 7, the San Jose series was an unmitigated disaster and it would be nice to exact a bit of payback, but you have to beat whoever you draw so we'll see.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

glen a richter wrote:No matter what happens the rest of the way, I think it's safe to say Berube is losing the interim tag, Blais may permanently replace Fabbri and there's no way, barring injury, that we ever see Jake Allen play another game for the Blues.

I grossly underestimated Dallas and expected it to be a shorter and easier series, so I don't want to jump the gun on whether I want San Jose or Colorado to win tonight. Take who we get, fix some of the lapses that happened in this series and get back to work I guess on Friday or Saturday probably. What I will say is that last time we saw this movie play out and beat Dallas in 7, the San Jose series was an unmitigated disaster and it would be nice to exact a bit of payback, but you have to beat whoever you draw so we'll see.
Exactly. You underestimate your opponent, whoever it is, you lose. They didn't get to where they are by being a pushover.

Like you, I'm not sure who I want to see in the next round. I always like the Sharks to lose as early and often as possible, and I think the Avs might be the easier team to face (no empirical evidence here, just an impression). On the other hand, it sure would feel nice to beat the Sharks ourselves. But with Blues luck, Pavelski will return just in time for the WC Finals and push them over the top.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

gaijin wrote:
glen a richter wrote:No matter what happens the rest of the way, I think it's safe to say Berube is losing the interim tag, Blais may permanently replace Fabbri and there's no way, barring injury, that we ever see Jake Allen play another game for the Blues.

Exactly. You underestimate your opponent, whoever it is, you lose. They didn't get to where they are by being a pushover.

Like you, I'm not sure who I want to see in the next round. I always like the Sharks to lose as early and often as possible, and I think the Avs might be the easier team to face (no empirical evidence here, just an impression). On the other hand, it sure would feel nice to beat the Sharks ourselves. But with Blues luck, Pavelski will return just in time for the WC Finals and push them over the top.
Whoever we get, it's going to be a higher scoring series than this one was. Binnington will have to be on top of his game and the defense will have to step it up a notch too. 41 or whatever it was regulation shots against Martin Jones absolutely yields more than 1 goal, but San Jose's offense is leaps and bounds better than Dallas'. No 2-1 games in that potential series. Colorado has better offense than Dallas too, and worse defense so that potential series doesn't have any 2-1's either. Whichever way it goes I expect to see a lot of back and forth and a lot of pucks behind both goalies.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

ROBERT FRANKING THOMAS!!! What a performance he's turned in. I'm stoked for his future. Unreal poise there at the end of the game. My heart was pounding in OT, I thought for sure we were going to lose it. You can't have that many chances to put a team away in regulation, fail to do it, and still expect to win. Took me 2 hours (and some whiskey) last night after the game to be able to fall asleep.
glen a richter wrote:
gaijin wrote:

Whoever we get, it's going to be a higher scoring series than this one was. Binnington will have to be on top of his game and the defense will have to step it up a notch too. 41 or whatever it was regulation shots against Martin Jones absolutely yields more than 1 goal, but San Jose's offense is leaps and bounds better than Dallas'. No 2-1 games in that potential series. Colorado has better offense than Dallas too, and worse defense so that potential series doesn't have any 2-1's either. Whichever way it goes I expect to see a lot of back and forth and a lot of pucks behind both goalies.
It's the NHL, you can never say never. Jake Allen could be back as soon as next year, you never know. If I had to guess he's backing up Binnington next season. Don't know how you move him. His value has never been lower since he's been a starter and his cap hit isn't exactly peanuts.

The main thing that stood out to me with Dallas is how they use their D-men, specifically Klingberg and Heiskanen. Those guys are GOOD. If Dallas can shore up their offense they're going to be seriously dangerous next year. Zucc fit in seamlessly, I know it'll cost them a pick but they should really look at keeping him around. That Roope Hintz kid is a terror to play against, he's got a bright future as well.

If I had to choose between the Avs or Sharks I would take the Avs as an opponent but we'll see what happens.

Hell of a time to be a Blues fan!!! :letsgoblues: :goblues: :cup:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Earliest next game will be is Saturday.

Cher concert at Enterprise on Friday if Avs win.
There is also a conflict on Friday at the Shark tank if the Sharks win.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

theohall wrote:Earliest next game will be is Saturday.

Cher concert at Enterprise on Friday if Avs win.
There is also a conflict on Friday at the Shark tank if the Sharks win.
Good info, didn't know that! :okman:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

On the one hand, I think Martin Jones is trash so San Jose should be easy to score against, at the very least. But they also score a ton too, so we could lose a bunch of games 6-4 just the same.

On the other hand, Colorado we get home ice, but I think they're a team to be careful with, loaded with talent that's all trending upward and they're going to be around for a number of years as a perennial contender.

On the 3rd hand, San Jose we get road ice which seems to be the ticket this year, but you can't count on that forever.

And on the 4th hand, the last two times the Blues went to the WCF were against... Colorado and San Jose. It would be nice to exact revenge on either, though the Colorado drubbing at the hands of Patty Roy is ancient history, but I really have no idea what to expect at this point. The whole season has been a complete enigma and anything can happen.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

I almost want to face San Jose. Not only would I love to send Burns and Thornton packing, but we are being relocated to Colorado this summer and if the Blues and Avs play in the WC Final, it will make for an interesting relationship with the new neighbors.

"Hi, welcome to the neighborhood. Where are you from?"
"St. Louis."
" :evil: :evil: :evil: "

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

Amazing...simply amazing. Add this one to the growing list of awesome Blues moments.

#GLORIA :banana:
2019-20 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2018-19 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2017-18 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

StL Dan wrote:Amazing...simply amazing. Add this one to the growing list of awesome Blues moments.

#GLORIA :banana:
I never imagined a point in time where I'd be so happy to hear Gloria, but now I want to hear it over and over.

Also, as I eluded to yesterday, this series win has dropped the Rangers 31 spots in the draft by virtue of the condition attached to the Zuccarello trade, so this is a doubly sweet victory.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:Also, as I eluded to yesterday, this series win has dropped the Rangers 31 spots in the draft by virtue of the condition attached to the Zuccarello trade, so this is a doubly sweet victory.
Rags still have 2nd pick overall, though, still... right?

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Somebody fed me bum gouge on San Jose. The only thing that would have happened Friday is a Barracuda's game, but their season is over.

So a San Jose win likely means a Friday night WCF Game 1.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

theohall wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Also, as I eluded to yesterday, this series win has dropped the Rangers 31 spots in the draft by virtue of the condition attached to the Zuccarello trade, so this is a doubly sweet victory.
Rags still have 2nd pick overall, though, still... right?
Yeah, it would have converted to a 1st rounder if they advanced to the WCF.