GDT Rd 1 Gm 6: 4/20/19 | 6:00 PM CT | @ Jets | FSMW/NBCSN

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT Rd 1 Gm 6: 4/20/19 | 6:00 PM CT | @ Jets | FSMW/NBCS

Post by Robb_K »

WIN THIS FACEOFF!!!!

And they DOOOOOOOOOO!!! Blues go to Round 2!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Best game played by The Blues this season (and, probably over the last 3 years). Excellent 200 foot game. Great team defence. No gaps. Great forecheck, great backing up of pinching players, and players taken out of the play. They set the tone for the game early with nice hitting, but not taking themselves out of the play. They hustled ALL GAME LONG! First time I've seen them do that. They wanted it more than The Jets, and got it done! Good for The Blues, and good for Jaden Schwartz! He's BAA--AAAAK! :banana:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Hey Hellebuyck, you have all offseason to practice stopping those lucky pinballs!
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

What a tight series. Just a few days ago we were talking about how the Jets had all the momentum, now they are heading to the golf course.

Still can't believe the Blues were last in the League in January, then storm back, make the playoffs, then bump off the team that was first in the division for most of the year.

Who's next? :letsgoblues:

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

gaijin wrote:What a tight series. Just a few days ago we were talking about how the Jets had all the momentum, now they are heading to the golf course.

Still can't believe the Blues were last in the League in January, then storm back, make the playoffs, then bump off the team that was first in the division for most of the year.

The Stars. If The Blues can beat The Jets, they can beat Dallas.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Robb_K wrote:
gaijin wrote:What a tight series. Just a few days ago we were talking about how the Jets had all the momentum, now they are heading to the golf course.

The Stars. If The Blues can beat The Jets, they can beat Dallas.
I'd be fine with that. While I am confident the Blues could beat Nashville, I'd be willing to bet that within 2 periods Subban would have given half our roster concussions by boarding or punching them in the back of the head, and the other half he would have blinded by high-sticking to the face.

All with no calls by the refs.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'd feel more comfortable with the Stars, but I'm sure the Lightning said the same thing about Columbus and the Pens said the same thing about the Islanders. You have to play who you get and it is what it is.

Like I said for the Jets series, if Schwartz shows up he will be the difference in the series. He sure was in round 1, and he's the teams wild card the rest of the way. As 17 goes, so will the whole team.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Robb_K wrote:Best game played by The Blues this season (and, probably over the last 3 years). Excellent 200 foot game. Great team defence. No gaps. Great forecheck, great backing up of pinching players, and players taken out of the play. They set the tone for the game early with nice hitting, but not taking themselves out of the play. They hustled ALL GAME LONG! First time I've seen them do that. They wanted it more than The Jets, and got it done! Good for The Blues, and good for Jaden Schwartz! He's BAA--AAAAK! :banana:
Was just going to say, that was the most complete hockey game from any Blues squad I've seen in a very, very long time. Maybe ever. Utter domination. But for a late rally by the Jets towards the end could've been 3-0 easy, if not 5-0, 6-0 blowout. Awesome game, awesome night. Wonderful.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk