Tracking the Improbable...

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Celtic wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
cprice12 wrote:Best case scenerio for you, should you continue on this pace, is a short term membership.

Know your role newbie.

Settle down and play nice.
Just FYI, I know Celtic. He's good. No trolling from him.

Gup and BBZ can back that up.
Your check is in the mail. :D
It has better be enough this time.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Celtic wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:
Celtic wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:
Celtic wrote:I see you're fighting the good fight over here BBZ, but the delusion runs rampant on this board too. Sad, you'd think they'd know better. :roll:

Building for the future by trading the UFA's and spare parts > two home playoff games.
Welcome to LGB ... now that the formalities are out the way, what you just said is hinting on you being a tool. I don't think there would be too many people here who would argue that offloading some UFA's come the trade deadline would be a bad thing. But I think you would find people here arguing that not making the playoffs would be a good thing, the best thing right now for this team would be to win some games make the 8 and go from there. Win or lose in the playoffs is not really relevant as the fact that the team gets there will put more bums on seats which is one of the things this franchise needs right now. Player building for the future is one thing, but it's no good if no one turns up while you're doing that player building.
Nice. Being called a tool from a f*cking convict. I stayed away from this forum because stupid a$$ kool aide drinkers such as you. :roll: The first response I get upholds every bad thing said about this place. Some things never change. I can guess what you're position is on the organ. (Mouth first, but I digress)

I'll trust JD and Dave to do the right thing and build for the future and I'll leave d*uchebags like yourself to wail from the $8 seats while wearing your custom made Obsut sweater.

Look up the story of the old bull. You may learn something. Until then, please be quiet while the grown ups are talking.
Oh lordy, calling me a convict, how original ... not.

You do know you're just changed your tune and agreed with me right? First off you said trading UFA's would be the way to go and anyone who thought otherwise was delusional, now you're saying you'll leave it to JD and DC to do the right thing whether they trade them or not. Make up your mind, do you want the UFA's to be trade or not? It's pretty hard to start to debate something with someone who has a foot on both sides of the fence.
I guess you need everything spelled out for you. But i'm not gonna do it for you. And don't put words in my mouth. You attacked me and got smacked, deal w/ it, from what I'm told, you should be used to it by now.
Hmmm...I was going to say some things...but I better stay out of this before I "get smacked" and "have to deal with it".

I wouldn't wish that type of internet ownage on anyone.
My huge ego wouldn't be able to handle it.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Celtic
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Celtic »

BringBackZezel wrote:Celtic....go easy on Tezmyster. He's upset because he bet me $100 that the Blues would make the playoffs.
Is he still taking action on that bet??

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

Celtic wrote:
BringBackZezel wrote:Celtic....go easy on Tezmyster. He's upset because he bet me $100 that the Blues would make the playoffs.
Ask him. He's pretty confident. Didn't even want odds or anything.
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

Celtic wrote:You don't know much about the sport if breathing the same air isn't offensive. Or are you a 'no fighting' fan?
What? Whatever, I thought we were talking about UFA's and trades, but if you want to just turn this into a flame war go right ahead, you'll just be ignored.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Hollywood wrote:
cprice12 wrote:Best case scenerio for you, should you continue on this pace, is a short term membership.

Know your role newbie.

I figured as much.

But...we usually don't allow people to "smack" someone and then make those people actually "deal with" said smacking, until post 27 at the earliest.

FYI newbs.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

BringBackZezel wrote:
Celtic wrote:
I've got odds, 2 to 1. If they make the playoffs you give me $100, if they don't I give you $100. I'm more than willing to hand the money over once they're confirmed out and I'm sure you'll do the same the other way.

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I've got odds, 2 to 1. If they make the playoffs you give me $100, if they don't I give you $100.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Celtic
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Celtic »

Tezmyster wrote:
Celtic wrote:You don't know much about the sport if breathing the same air isn't offensive. Or are you a 'no fighting' fan?
What? Whatever, I thought we were talking about UFA's and trades, but if you want to just turn this into a flame war go right ahead, you'll just be ignored.
I was until this crap broke out.

Make any trades you can, UFAs that will not be resigned, Manny if the price is right too, but they should keep an eye on the future and building a team able to make a long playoff run. Making the playoffs this year sets us back. The attendance doesn't make a big difference and Dave knows that.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Tezmyster wrote:
BringBackZezel wrote:
Celtic wrote:
I've got odds, 2 to 1. If they make the playoffs you give me $100, if they don't I give you $100. I'm more than willing to hand the money over once they're confirmed out and I'm sure you'll do the same the other way.
You do know that 100 Aussie dollars is only 77 US dollars. Best bump that anti up.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

Celtic
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Celtic »

cprice12 wrote:
Hollywood wrote:

Know your role newbie.

I figured as much.

But...we usually don't allow people to "smack" someone and then make those people actually "deal with" said smacking, until post 27 at the earliest.

FYI newbs.
Do I get a penalty for pre-emtive smacking? :lol:

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

Guppy wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:
BringBackZezel wrote:
Celtic wrote:
You do know that 100 Aussie dollars is only 77 US dollars. Best bump that anti up.
I assumed we meant US $'s, at least that's what I was willing to part with.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Celtic wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Hollywood wrote:

Know your role newbie.

I figured as much.

FYI newbs.
Do I get a penalty for pre-emtive smacking? :lol:
Yup.
You will be slapped with the next catfish that some idiot Preds fan throws on the ice.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

Celtic wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:
I was until this crap broke out.

Make any trades you can, UFAs that will not be resigned, Manny if the price is right too, but they should keep an eye on the future and building a team able to make a long playoff run. Making the playoffs this year sets us back. The attendance doesn't make a big difference and Dave knows that.
Manny would be one I wouldn't trade. This team has a history of crap goalies and now we've found someone who is good we should hang on to him. Tkatchuk, get rid of him. Guerin, I'd probably hold onto for another season. Brewer I'd hang on to unless you can get someone really good on D to replace him, he's been exceptional of late under Murray. Who else is going UFA?

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

This entire discussion should be tabled until after the Columbus game on February 20th...
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

Tezmyster wrote:Manny would be one I wouldn't trade. This team has a history of crap goalies and now we've found someone who is good we should hang on to him. Tkatchuk, get rid of him. Guerin, I'd probably hold onto for another season. Brewer I'd hang on to unless you can get someone really good on D to replace him, he's been exceptional of late under Murray. Who else is going UFA?
You don't just get to selectively "hang on to" pending UFAs.

They're just as much Red Wings property for next season as they are Blues.

Furthermore, if you're that high on Legace, why not trade him and re-sign him in the offseason?
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

OS wrote:This entire discussion should be tabled until after the Columbus game on February 20th...
realistically you should have at least 2 weeks to trade away players so that it doesn't weaken your position in negotiations.

2/13 vs San Jose is a better point of no return date.

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

BringBackZezel wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:Manny would be one I wouldn't trade. This team has a history of crap goalies and now we've found someone who is good we should hang on to him. Tkatchuk, get rid of him. Guerin, I'd probably hold onto for another season. Brewer I'd hang on to unless you can get someone really good on D to replace him, he's been exceptional of late under Murray. Who else is going UFA?

Furthermore, if you're that high on Legace, why not trade him and re-sign him in the offseason?
Resign them then, you know what I meant. Make them an offer and go from there.

I wouldn't trade Legace because them we'd be left with Sanford and Cash, no offensive to them but neither has performed to the standard of Legace. A trade would mean a crap end to the season and a crap turnout from the crowd because of it.

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

Tezmyster wrote:
BringBackZezel wrote:

Resign them then, you know what I meant. Make them an offer and go from there.

I wouldn't trade Legace because them we'd be left with Sanford and Cash, no offensive to them but neither has performed to the standard of Legace. A trade would mean a crap end to the season and a crap turnout from the crowd because of it.
In the biggest game of the season, the Blues drew less than 11000.

Turnout will never be big for this season.

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

BringBackZezel wrote:
OS wrote:This entire discussion should be tabled until after the Columbus game on February 20th...
realistically you should have at least 2 weeks to trade away players so that it doesn't weaken your position in negotiations.

2/13 vs San Jose is a better point of no return date.
I'd rather the Columbus game, we've probably got a better chance of winning against them than San Jose. Can we just say the Feb 14th Columbus game instead :lol: